1. But these days I only want to read about bats, crocodiles, and whales.
2. Decision: Red dress or a suit of cream and sequins?
3. Sometimes I am disturbed by your love for the suburbs.
4. Too busy to notice birds or to write.
5. Mysterious mail is too rare.
6. Windy evening; along the sidewalk, leaves turned into rats, squealing.
7. Maybe you wouldn't be so harried if you had less: Less to-dos, to-buys, credit cards, rooms, houses, cars, children, bills, sale catalogs, filing systems, investments, phone numbers, post-its, fears, telephones, newspaper clippings, wicker baskets, prejudices, cats, exercise machines, diet fads, knickknacks, options . . .